Accomplished leader in software engineering management and application development with a proven track record in delivering quality enterprise software applications. Background includes extensive experience in delivering complex state of the art solutions for effectively and efficiently managing IT infrastructure. Strengths include a unique combination of interpersonal and technical skills, cross-functional team building and experience in all phases of the product development lifecycle. Successfully defined and directed large scale technical and software projects including recruiting, staffing, scheduling, project proposals and strategies, and personnel management.
Director of Software Engineering
Responsible for development of the flagship product, Tripwire Enterprise(TE), the premier change audit and configuration assessment platform (currently approximately a 43 person organization)
Promoted to lead AppManager core development and product releases supervising three line-engineering managers and 36 software developers (approximately $100 million in annual revenue, and a $20 million R&D budget).
· Defined project management process including all development phases, deliverables, signoffs, metrics, local release, bug tracking and other variables in the product release process and life cycle.
· Responsible for delivery of AppManager releases over the prior two years, which included negotiating requirements and final content with Product Management as well as coordinating field requested content for release.
Oversaw the release of the next generation UI/console for AppManager (
· Directed all patch, service pack, currency, and maintenance releases over the past three years.
Reorganized AppManager core engineering organization including
the transition of application development to the
· Created a forward looking architecture and design group from senior engineering staff which delivered them key design concepts for the latest version of AppManager.
· As member of Corporate Architecture Review Board determined technological direction, architectural framework for product development, and shared component development.
· Scoping and planning for Service Level Management product initiatives, and future development roadmaps.
Responsible for planning and transition of AppManager core development
to outsourcing partners in
Senior Manager Engineering Services (2002 – 2004)
· Managed Build/Release team (3 line mgrs, 3 reports), Continuing Engineering team (line mgr., 14 engineers), which resolved customer issues and produced bug fixes for AM and applications
· Led Information Development team (1 line mgr., 7 writers), which produced application documentation, Quality Engineering (line mgr., 32 engineers) and Application Development (8 engineers).
· Oversaw engineering tiger teams addressing high priority customer issues.
· Defined AppManager service pack and maintenance release process.
Manager Build/Release (2001 – 2002)
· Directed team in the complete re-architecture of the AM build process resulting in the inclusion of ghost images of all build platforms, disaster recovery process, network independent build, nightly build with smoke test infrastructure and web accessible logging, early warning on source code check-ins, better documentation and discipline and complete library of 3rd party dependencies placed under source control.
Staff Software Engineer (2000 – 2001)
· Developed and designed connector architecture that improved scalability, performance, reliability and usability.
· Developed AppManager connectivity solutions for several 3rd party platforms: MS MOM, BMC PEM, and CA UNICENTER.
· Directed team of 5 engineers, which performed remote diagnostics and maintenance tool development for local site servers deployed at customer sites.
· Developed remote software distribution patches and upgrades, built engineering and source control for both field and server development, system and clearcase and performed release management.
Information Systems, Inc.,
· Bridge Data Integration Framework (Technical Lead): End to end design and implementation of COM plugins serving real time data from the Bridge Trading Room System (BTRS) financial data integration platform to BridgeStation7, Bridge’s next generation client workstation.
· Designed and implemented a Java version of the BTRS publishing API’s as part of a prototype Java BTRS platform. Supported communication with both Java and legacy C base routing/filtering software.
Senior Research Analyst
· Designed and implemented C++ based fixed income analytics library and SYBASE risk metrics database, coded and debugged C++ diagnostics library routines used to validate and test COSMOS risk models, and designed database schema and stored procedures along with query optimization for Barra’s fixed income and equities database.
Implemented an Oracle-based fast reactor fuel inventory system, researched
an implemented reactor core calculation framework (VARIANT), and served as a
team liaison with Argonne-West (
¨ Ph.D., Mechanical
Engineering, Northwestern University,
¨ M.S., Mechanical
Engineering, Northwestern University,
¨ B.S., Nuclear Engineering